System M Pivot Hinge
Complete Set including top and bottom pivots and accessories. Five different models tuned for
your specific door.
It's simple. This pivot hinge will save you lots of money, lots of time, or both. System M represents a new way
forward for pivot doors, especially the big ones.
Pivot doors are becoming quite popular with designers. They provide a modern minimalist sensibility to projects
of all stripes. However, for contractors the problems of installing these doors are many. Most of these
problems come when you have to deal with a floor closer.
Maybe you've had to coordinate a bunch of subs to get the prep right for an in-floor closer like Dorma BTS80 or
Rixson H40 (think goopy cement and jackhammers). Or perhaps you're an architect who's had to spend an afternoon
or two figuring out how best to hide that nasty eye-sore of a closer coverplate.
The Dutch manufacturer FritsJurgens made the obvious move.
They've engineered a sophisticated closer and put it in the door!
Nothing in the ceiling. Nothing in the floor.
Introducing System M.
Many problems solved. So many headaches averted.
What's it do?
The System M is a heavy-duty dual-acting pivot hinge and adjustable closer that can easily handle
interior or exterior doors up to 660 lbs. (the actual capacity of the hinge is 1100lbs but the closer
function's effective limit is around that 660lbs). In other words, you can use System M on very big
doors and have smooth operating closer function without having to sink money and time in a floor
- Dual-acting with hold positions at 0?, ±90?
- Self-closing from ±125? and from ±89?
- Adjustable closing speed
- Hydraulic backcheck
- Minimum door thickness : 1-9/16" (40mm)
- Minimum distance to pivot point : 3-9/16"
- Grommeted top pivot available for POWER TRANSFER. Call us for more information.
- FritsJurgens System M Configuration
Special ADA-compliant models are now available.
Please call us for help in specifying the correct one for your situation.
- No structural elements in floor and ceiling.
- For new and existing situations. Great for retrofits.
- System M makes for quick installations because you can wait until all the surfaces are done before
bringing in the doors.
- Maintenance-free bearings. Test to over 1-million cycles.
- Easily adjustable with the door fully loaded.
- Suitable for timber, steel, framed glass and massive clad doors.
- For single and double action doors.
- For internal and external doors.
- For commercial and residential environments.
- For really big pivot doors!
WHICH MODEL IS RIGHT FOR MY DOOR?
FritsJurgens offers five models ( M32-SCA through E ) which are tuned to provide appropriate closing force for
pivot doors depending on the door weight and position of the pivot. The best way to determine the right model
for your door is to have a look at the System M Configuration
Guide and, then if you find you still have questions, just give us a call.
Call us for CAD files.
More Info :
This product includes all pieces required for one pivot door. If you need specific FritsJurgens parts or support
please contact us : 1-888-636-1627 or email.
A note on door stops. Do I need one if the System M has a backstop? Yes and no. Depends on your specific
specification. But what you should consider is that even though the SystemM provides a hold-open at 90 degrees
and has a back check to prevent the door from swinging over through the 90 degrees, a door stop can be helpful
when the door is placed in windy circumstances or with really wide doors. Or if you want to prevent damage to
surfaces that could come in contact with the door.
If you are looking for a pivot hinge with a damping function from each 45° position: FritsJurgens
If you are looking for a sophisticated pivot hinge with adjustable closing speed and other features :