The Monday Minute
Door Hardware Specification Tips
One minute a week to help you make better choices.
for better designers and builders.
We spend a lot of time fixing specs around full-sized closet doors. We're still seeing Rockwood roller latches on some schedules. They're noisy and ugly. Here are a couple of simple alternatives.
- Silent Magnetic Catches
- Closet Door Hardware Solutions
- Cut Sheet for Quiet Closet Door Products
Keep it down! I'm trying to work in here! We all need our quiet and private spaces. To help create them, here's a quick look at one of the sexiest of hardware types: the automatic drop seal
- Athmer Automatic Door Seals
- The Best Door Seals on the Planet
- Cut Sheet for Automatic Door Seal Products
The flush pull with integrated edge pull is a concept that some of you have used to simplify and beautify your sliding doors. There are now quite a few on the market, some quite ugly and others exquisite. We wanted to provide a few thoughts on this solution.
- Pocket Doors with a Passage Function
- FSB 42 4299
- Sun Valley Bronze FEP-T4-175
- Sugatsune DSI-3250, DSI-4257, DSI-4258
- Cut Sheet for Combo Flush/Edge Pulls
This Monday Minute will look at a few solutions we recommend when working on coastal projects.
- Don't mess with the ocean
- Stainless Steel TECTUS hinge options
- FritsJurgens Pivots
- Cut Sheet for TECTUS hinges for the Coastal Environment
The problem is simple to explain. A door normally comes to rest with its edge opposite a jamb. Not with a "surface" sliding door or "modern barn" door.
- Not so easy to lock a barn door!
- Accurate's 9100BDL Barn Door Lock
- Krownlab is a hardware manufacturer based in Portland that offers iconic modern barn door solutions. Their Configure Barn Door Lock is a simple, affordable, and easy to install lock
- Cut Sheet for Barn Door Lock Options
Well, it's been quite a week. Hard to get a grip on everything that is going on? This Monday Minute covers more pocket door solutions, specifically the wide wild world of edge pulls.